Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by RevMike
I have a VXR 3-9 with Firedot 4 on a MRC 7x57. On the lowest setting, that little red dot is the ticket. I haven't looked through a VX6...I'm afraid if I did I'd have to have one.

So you did get a VX-R and it sounds like you like it. Good for you - my second VX-R arrived yesterday.

'Whoop:

Not exactly. I've had the VXR 3-9 (Firedot 4) on a 7x57 Montana Rifle Company ASR for a couple of years. And yes, I do like it, and it seems to fit the profile of the ASR just fine (sorry for the fuzzy iPhone pic).

[Linked Image]

I haven't put one one the Featherweight (yet) since, as I mentioned before, the 30mm tubes just seem to be a tad bulky for the profile of the gun. But that may just be to my eye and, as you or someone else mentioned, I'd get used to it. Here's one of the Featherweights with a VX3 1.5-5 with heavy duty duplex. This is the rifle on which the scope might get swapped. The other Featherweight is carrying a VX3 2.5-8 and I'll leave it alone. In my mind it's about the perfect setup. By the way, both of the Featherweights are 7x57 as well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown