Guess you could call this a tale of two rifles, but actually three. Two rifles chambered to the 7x57 with test loads using Re17 and WLR primers. The third rifle a .280 Rem. using IMR7828SSC and WLR primer. Bullet for all three rifles was the Nosler 150 gr. ABLR. In three days testing there were two failures to fire from the .280. The rifle is a 1909 Mauser and firing pin fall makes a very solid thump. In both failures, the rounds fired on a second try.
With the two 7x57s, One an FN Mauser, the other a Winchester M70 Featherweight, one failure with the Mauser and three with the Winchester. The failure with the Mauser did not fire after three tries. Two on the Winchester failed to fire after three tries and one did go bang.
Groups from the rounds that did shoot were slightly erratic, usually two close together and one way out. No specific pattern as the which one was the one out of the group.
Primers were stored indoors in the house, not my reloading shed.
About the only good thing was after the FTF, the crosshairs were still where I was holding which eliminated me flinching.
What I did note was the firing pin fall from the Mausers were a good solid clunk while the M70 sounded quite light yet the primer indents from the M70 looked just as deep as those from the Mausers. Primers were seated with Lee hand priming tool.
I've never had those primers fail before and have used them in cold weather on elk hunts in Northeastern New Mexico without problem With loads using Re15 and W760. Temps running around 25 degrees during most hunts. Brass was brand new unfired.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE