My buddies son had his youth deer hunt this weekend. We hadn't been seeing much but had been seeing coyotes in this area. So we got bored and decided to try and call some coyotes in. So we sat down under a cedar tree that is below some horse pens. Started calling and about the ten minute mark this cat showed up sneaking in. I nudged my daughters boyfriend to alert him to it as he hadn't seen it. So he swung the rifle over, settled the cross hairs on the 260 and pulled the trigger. The cat dropped and rolled down the embankment that he was above. First shot broke his back because the cat knew something wasn't right and was starting to slink away. One more shot between the shoulders put the cat down for good. I was using a red rabbit distress call that I got from Tony Tebbe. He weighed 145# & 7'3" nose to tail. This is his first lion, he shot 2 coyotes last year and a red fox too.
260 used a 139 scenar. There wasn't much left of it on recovery.....I will try to weigh to see how much it lost.

Last edited by gonzaga; 11/30/15.