Originally Posted by rainshadow1
Originally Posted by Osky
They can be called in northern MN, and I have done so no problem. However in this thick bush country there are too many variables that cause problems.
First Cougar I called in was near the Window Rock reservation in AZ many years ago. Watched it coming for a long way, like all cats they do goofy things.

Osky

I attended the cougar calling school of hard knocks in NW washington state... I just wonder how many I never saw. I'd have never seen one hang up this far away.

Apologies. My comment about the country up here was meant for bears. Incredible how they use cover to come in. When using tree stands and calling I’ve had them at the base of the tree undetected and I have good eyes.
They do not come over open ground in daylight here. They are quick to detect something amiss and instantly then evaporate. The big ones that is.
My first cougar came from far down a ragged draw. I watched it a long time. As I said, goofy.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.