Originally Posted by horse1
Someone'll be dropping the tank and installing a new fuel pump.

It wouldn't be the first one for that year of suburban. It damn sure won't be the last either... One of my friends has a '99 and has changed the fuel pump 5 times since new. Thank god I have never touched mine!!!!!!!! I have had rough running, backfiring, stumbling/missing, lean air fuel problems. So I know what the OP is going thru.... These things are also notorious for going thru distributor caps if you don't buy the right one. Even if yours is newer (a year old), don't rule that out as a possibility. Only buy AC Delco (factory OEM) OR an Accell and they will last a long time. I just replaced my original equipment cap last year. However, I learned the hard way and went with a store brand distributor cap and it gradually ran worse and worse. It took me a while to figure out it was the fairly new cap that was the problem. If you pull yours, blow the inside of the distributor out with a light compressed air because small fragments of aluminum or brass may be causing problems inside the distributor, hence arcing out and causing misfires... Like I said before, test the fuel pump pressure while it is under load. If it checks out, you'll know your pump is good. If you can get the codes, let us know what they are and we can possibly be of more assistance... No I am not a mechanic, but I know my way around most vehicles wink ... Good luck with it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA