Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Just for an update, started fine today and idled okay for ten minutes or so. Again had no time to do more.

tz: The reason I don't have a "good mechanic" as rrfc suggested, is I've had so few problems with Chevy. That said, I have nothing against Ford.

My wife's 99 suburban has been rock solid for us. Well except for the alternators (it's gone thru about 5 in the last 10 years), the distributor cap conundrum and the reaction sun shell in the transmission. This is a very common problem with this year of suburban/GM products that use the 4L60E, but simple enough to replace. My 2004 GMC, on the other hand, has been kind of troublesome. New tranny at 110,000 miles, transfer case at 139,000, rear end at 125,000, front differential rebuilt at 115,000. The LS1 5.3 is damn good and doesn't use or leak a drop of oil. If I didn't know how to work on cars, all these fixes would have bankrupted me in the last couple years..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA