Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I'm looking somewhat fondly over at an '86 in '45-90, Browning Utah marked, '88 SN that looks to have been part of the Pleasant Valley War.
All of the Tewksberry (The Sheepherders) outfit were issued em', or so the story goes. Does the HB carved into the front of the right stock comb signify that it saw scabbard carry with the "One Armed Hamp (Hamp Blevins) Gang", a division of the Tewksberry factions ? If so there's a lot of yarns it could spin. I aim to find out.
This ones a keeper, and requires some MAJOR TLC, looks like it's muzzle was blown up / off, and some bozo hacked it down into a shorter half magazine configuration. The original barrel's to be re-extended and sleeved,and re-chambered for the 2.4" case, next Summer, Lord willin'. An 18 twist liner will take it out of the "express rifle" area, and let me get into that 1050 FPS / 500 gr + realm that I like , too.

Beside it sits an almost minty modern replica, sadly not the Browning in flavor,....rather that Winchester number in .45-70 that requires a some retrograde mods, "De-Lawyer Proofing" as it were. Damn fine rifle regardless,....Miroku builds a fine arm. It's a take down #, fitted with a Lyman 66 peek hole rear sight.

I don't play in the classifieds, If any of you died in the wool types have an interest in this replica, gimme a shout,...2 of em' are just too damned heavy to pack, and I KNOW which one I'm going to carry the most.The full conversion to a true half cock set up is a snap, requiring a Browning Trigger and Hammer. Elimination of that stupid rebound hammer feature is an afternoon project requiring some screwdrivers, and a file, and will probably happen the next time my shop's not masquerading as a meat locker.

Merry Christmas, Dark Siders !

GTC

A hell of a project in the works indeed Cross, I ever get out that way for pleasure, would love to stop by and view your wares over coffee [or stronger] and conversation.

Trump Won!