Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The 86 (at least in its original form) was a smooth, well made gun. But I never have stumbled across one that was both affordable and desirable (at least when I had the money to buy one). Looked hard at a couple of Mirokus, but I usually migrate back to a single shot.

Still want a Model 71 Deluxe, even if they aren't BPCR. Same deal - affordable and desirable. smile

And yeah, I need to make it out to Cross' place, myself smile

Have wanted one for decades Tex, this '86 is a 24" half round half octagon rifle with beautiful wood, someone rubbed the wood down with raw linseed oil, but I don't care, I had to have it, best I can measure it has a 20 twist and easily stabilizes the 500 gr Jerry Dean flat nosed greaser.

Have killed a few deer and pigs with this bullet at a bit more speed in my Sharps, but I believe at 1236 fps from this '86 results will be the same, dead critters and no recovered bullets, although I dont have the great ranging capabilities with this lever action as I do with my Sharps, it's still a fine sub 125 yard hunting rifle, both to carry and shoot.

Trump Won!