Originally Posted by safariman
30K is a bit extreme, I agree. And yes this is a big part of the problem.

I have about 2,000 rounds and am pretty happy with that. I only need to keep THAT many in reserve because I love blasting ground squirrels in the spring and early summer and that can eat up a bunch of .22 rounds.

Just glad to be seeing more and more on the shelves of late. I hope that you folks in other parts of the US start seeing it like I am or better. Brighter days are coming!

Oh, FWIW Freedom Munitions is selling CI brand 22LR, plated round nose, pretty cheap and NO LIMIT on how much one can buy. One of thier loadings is a 35gr bullet at 1500fps. Might be pretty deadly on small stuff.

30k, LOL you don't want to walk I'm my gun room then, it will make your eyes pop out if you think 30k is extreme. But in all fairNess I had this from many years ago like late 1990's and early 2000. Been buying cheap stuff for the youth shooting club I run. Have 508 boxes Federal Auto match for the club but I'm not sure if we are going to use it now with some squib loads we been getting. Bass Pro in Harrisburg had Federal Auto match yesterday for $19.99 a box and had alot of it with a 2 box limit per day