There are a couple threads about the Kimber MT and Winchester EW. I have one of each in 308. They're absolutely two different rifles.

The EW is a phenomenal all-around rifle. The MT is a phenomenal backpack/highcountry rifle.

The EW settles-down infinitely better for shooting. It's absolutely a better rig for day-in, day-out hunting, and certainly a much better platform for LR shooting.

The MT excels as a "pack" rifle... that's its raison d'etre (ultimate purpose), packing up some hideous landscape with a lot of other weight in tow.

Would I sit in a tree-stand with a Kimebr MT? Nope. I would always prefer the Win M70 EW. Ditto out on the flat, wide-open.

The Kimber 84M/L MT really comes into its own as a backpack/highcountry rifle... a place where a rifle is carried more than shot. The MT can be made to "settle down", but the difference is like a dory vs. supertanker on the sea. I'd rather be in the supertanker in a storm. But I'd rather pull a dory onto the beach than a supertanker!

Some visuals:

[Linked Image]

Winchester M70 EW 308 Win, McMillan Compact Hunter's Edge, PT&G Aluminum Bottom Metal, Graphite Follower, Talley X-Low Lwt's, 3.5-10x40 CDS, Uncle Mike's Mountain Sling, 4 qty. 165gr. rds:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kimber 84M MT 308 Win, Talley Low Lwt's, 2.5-8x36 CDS, Uncle Mike's Mountain Sling, 4 qty. 165gr. rds:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery