Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Mike,

Probably won't do an African book because, quite frankly, "hunting story" books don't sell all that well compared to "hunting gear" books. Or at least they haven't in recent years.

Back in the 1990's books of hunting and fishing stories did at least as well as technical gear books, if not better, but times have changed. THE LIFE OF THE HUNT has sold okay over the past 20 years, but BORN TO HUNT (which many people think is as good, if not better) has barely broken even. They both keep selling, but not nearly as well as books on handloading, rifles or optics.

John;
Good morning to you and Eileen, I trust the holidays have been treating you folks well.

I'm not sure what to think about your results with two of my all time favorite hunting books John. Honestly I've lost track of how many times I recommend them when I'm teaching the BC Hunter Safety CORE course each spring.

Them and of course "Meditations on Hunting" rank up there as a good foundation for apologetic discourse as to why some of us are drawn to hunt.

Anyway sir, Happy New Year to you both and all the best in 2016.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"