Originally Posted by Godogs57
I know 300 RUM ammo and brass have been in extremely short supply it seems forever. I have a decent supply, but checked the usual places last night for some more "good" brass (Norma, Nosler) and forget it. It's not happening. Ammo? Everything was sold out.

Interesting was the fact that some ammo or brass was backorderable but not Nosler. Nosler ammo and components were out and not able to be backordered. Do you think the fact that Nosler has been bought out by ATK has anything to do with that?

It appears that it may have been a perfect storm of increased demand and the end of a production cycle? I don't know...it's been such a long time you think the companies would have caught up by now.

Don't know but would think that 300 RUM is not much in demand... not like common stuff...

The internet is hugely to blame.... folks post when and where stuff is instantly and in a hoarding scared situation its not good... catching up.... good luck, that takes more than a year or two really...

I've begged CCI to run a certain ammo, even to the point of asking what would a minimum order be from a dealer to get it going... nope, to busy doing other stuff thats in more demand... I basically offered them the cash through a legal dealer to make a run... that should tell you something...

Keep searching the net, if you need it so bad, buy it when you find it, if not just keep sitting on it... and it'll surface some day...

I often put in large powder orders in groups and can take up to a year to fill them at times... no big deal, I'm almost never in a big rush.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....