Originally Posted by Mule Deer
bellydeep,

Like a lot of people (including some gun writers) you have this backwards: The reason it's hard to find .300 RUM cases is because not many people bought .300 RUM's. Remington could make a pile of brass now, but that wouldn't inspire hunters to rush out and buy .300 RUM rifles.

I don't doubt that.

Do you have inside info on Remington's sales of the UM line prior to the shortage? I kinda figured the 300 was doing all right. Maybe I was wrong.

I guess my point was more to the effect of that Remington is hastening the demise of their cartridge. Maybe RUM sales weren't all that high in the first place, then I suppose brass/ammo availability wouldn't increase sales much if any. But if a guy looking at buying one finds out that he can't feed it, that's going to really sink the nail in the sales coffin.

If the 300 was borderline prior, then Remington has only ensured it hits the red now.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.