This week I took a 2 hour drive to New Britain Connecticut to visit the Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company factory and showroom. I was interested in their Model 21 O/U Standard Grade, which is styled after the Winchester 21 S/S and a Winchester M21 O/U, which was designed but never produced by Winchester. After entering their truly eye-popping showroom, with both new and vintage doubles ranging in price from a couple thousand to best guns well into six figures, I was handed a M21 O/U in 20 ga with 30" barrels and exhibition grade black walnut stock. It fit me perfectly, was well balanced and showed the level of workmanship that I was hoping for and expecting. My plans for this shotgun is for non-competition skeet shooting. This shotgun comes in a field presentation with an automatic safety, single bead, and 5 chokes. I asked if it could be converted to manual safety - no problem. I asked if a mid-bead could be added to the vent rib - no problem. I asked if I could purchase an extra skeet choke - it was included at no extra charge.

What a great experience I had! They could not have been more friendly or accommodating and the shotgun is beautiful and beautifully well made, right here in the US. It will be shipped to a local FFL next week. For anyone contemplating a fine double shotgun, I would highly recommend you consider a CSMC shotgun and that you visit one of their 2 showrooms. They also sell new shotguns from other manufactures including being a high volume Beretta dealer.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/16/16. Reason: typo