GF1, I didn't say the CSMC is the exact same M21 O/U that was designed by Winchester. Go back to my original post and you will read that I said it was styled after the Winchester M21 O/U that was never produced. I chose that word carefully. I also said the following in reply to Battue when he stated this was an unproven design.

"ps. the M21 O/U design is not all that unique. It has a lot in common with the CSMC Inverness round action design that is used in those $7-10K shotguns. Their Inverness O/U and their RBL S/S are round action guns that complement each other. This M21 is meant to complement their M21 S/S Winchester replicas. With CSMC's 40 year experience in making very high quality doubles, I don't expect mechanical issues with it, but if I do, I have confidence that they would make it right. I was very impressed by them, I could see and hear the pride they have in what they do and produce."

The folks at CSMC were very up front with me about this and I portrayed this shotgun accurately here. It is styled after the unproduced Winchester M21 O/U and is a compliment to the M21 S/S replica that they do produce. Mechanically, it is based on their more expensive Inverness model. I was told this by the CSMC salesman and I was under no mistaken impression as to what it was I was buying. I did my homework on this shotgun before buying and have described it accurately.