Having pulled a 34 ft enclosed race car trailer for 18 years we also grew very methodical about not heading down blind alleys! However, that seemingly was forgotten when we bought our JD 650G dozer in 2011 and we had the dealer arrange transportation. The driver showed up at 7 pm on a very dark January evening (fortunately not raining). I met him down on the county road and said "follow me". I never looked at his rig as we had low boys with D6 Cats up our road. He laboriously followed me up our 1.3 mile driveway until we got to our hair pin pond. That pond is formed as the road goes across a fairly step creek. He got half way around that curve and then we both realized he would never make it, and there was no way he could back his way down our steep and curvy road.

What I had not realized was that his truck was an extra long wheelbase tractor with a very large sleeper. Compounding the problem he had a very long trailer with a very large and high load in front and our dozer at the rear. We spent a long time looking at it and finally determined that our only choice was to roll the dozer off the trailer and use the dozer to pull the end of the trailer to lessen the angle. It was great fun rolling the dozer off of a 4 ft high trailer, on skinny ramps, in the dark, having never driven this dozer or a pedal steer version of a dozer. My wife just laughed when the driver said that I must have a lot of experience as I drove the dozer off the trailer (it was more like a controlled crash).

In any case, we used the dozer and chain to move the trailer to get up to our place and had to do the same coming back down.

At 11 pm the driver hit the county road with cookies and a nice tip in hand. The next day I went down our driveway to get the dozer and saw at least three places on the driveway where the outside tire of his duals were actually hanging in space with the creek 150 feet below.

When we got our excavator I met the truck at the county road and drove the excavator up our road.