Back in the 80's a first time deer hunter was invited into our hunting camp. His FIL was friends with my father and we did it as a favor. He spent 3 or 4 days hunting with us and when he left camp he said he would like to come back next year but felt he failed as a deer hunter because he never saw a deer in his brief stay. He didn't understand our lingo--- Hookings ,scrapes, shinny deer droppings ,etc and what they all mean. We explained to him that he did not fail and not seeing a deer in days of hunting is common here. --- the next year when he showed up we already had 2 or 3 bucks hanging. His three day hunt turned into only a one day of hunting without seeing a deer. As he was walking out the door he asked my brother and myself if there were any books about deer hunting he could read or schools that taught deer hunting . We answered him " Yea read some books is good but the school your looking for is right out the front door -- the thousands of acres of woods we hunt " The more hours one spends in the woods the more they know the woods. Best and only way to learn.

[Linked Image]