I have read many of the sources cited here and they have shortened the learning curve about deer, however the experience, theories and science in the material maybe outdated. In other words conventional thinking may have been true then, but may not be true today.

The one thing that is constant, science. I have simply broken it down into food, water, habitat, disease, predators and sex. To make this complex, within each category, someone has no doubt wrote a PHD dissertation. Except for sex drive, all can change and you need to read the sign.

We all can agree that when hunting deer we must pay acute attention to the deer senses, smell, sight and hearing. In most cases the hunter wants to minimize his presence in each category. In other instances not so, for example attractants, calls, rattling, running a chainsaw, operating farm machinery, drivers in a deer drive, or nondescript human activity.

While working with horses for decades, pressure is what I was taught to use in training and utilizing the horse's skill. In deer hunting I place pressure as the umbrella over all that I have read and experienced.

I can't find an icon for "corny", so will assign this. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime