Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Maybe
It remains odd to me that there is little market demand for a 24" .260 Rem...at least few offered.

It really makes more sense to me (Biased by living in the west and reloading) than many more popular rounds (.243, 7mm-08, 308, .270). Maybe I'm just bored and want something different?

These are MY thots on your subject:

A. How many S A cartridges with 24" blls. have been produced/accepted in the mfg. business. For MANY yrs it has been the 'norm' for S A - non mag cartridges to have 22" blls.

The 'short fat' or S A mag rifles have only come into vogue in relatively recent times.

B. Could it be ? the more popular rounds have had many yrs. to get 'entrenched'? Most of US here are loonys and MOST of the gun market buyers are NOT.

The more popular rounds accomplish the jobs for the majority of hunting situations by the average hunter SO...

why should they be looking for 'little better' ballistics when many don't know what ballistics means??

Jerry

A titanium screwdriver is still a screwdriver. Same for rifles. 260's easily dupes/exceeds some 270 ballistics, and a 270 easily dupes/exceeds some 7Mag ballistics.

Plenty of attraction getting more for less and letting physics do the work, tinkering, yadda, yadda. If you've the time/money/interest, its pretty fun.

At the end of the day though, schit dies....