fwiw,
I should note that I have no idea if this was Allen's "last" Custom .270 Winchester. There reason I said that was Mark said Allen hunted with the rifle or had every intention of hunting with the rifle. I was taking up Mark's time when he could have been working for paying customers and I did not want to abuse that privilege. Hence the reason I did not ask for anything beyond the basic facts. He also would not give me advice on buying the rifle or not, however, he did tell me what it would take to replicate in today's market. Understand I did not buy it because it was Allen's rifle. I bought because it came as close to being perfect to what I would have requested had I known what to request.. I still don't care for the scope mounts, custom or otherwise. The bolt also seems to cry out for jeweling which Mark has agreed to take on.. I hate to even think about it, however, I need a slightly shorter LOP. Not to mention a Galazan reproduction Winchester pad or possibly a real Silvers Pad covered in leather. I would send it back to the stock maker for the work...

I see a Murray A-1 Quickset Sling and a Schmidt Bender 2.5-10x40 Summit with a 4a Reticle... That said all that in good time. Nothing available on the market except Norma Brass. Worse choices to have to make...

I hope the deal goes through without a hitch...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member