Originally Posted by dogzapper
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Still shaking my head over my screw up. Sorry for the hijack. Mr. Day seems to have been a very stand up gentleman.

My buddy Allen WAS a wonderful man and one who died well before his time.

Godspeed, old friend, Godspeed,

Steve

Friend Steve,
Why do we lose the real gems early? I have lost my share... I went to e-mail an old friend and mentor whom I had only recently fallen out of Christmas conversations and long e-mail conversations on sporting rifles with when I sent him an e-mail to no reply. I checked in with a mutual friend to learn he had passed to cancer in April of 2013 and was buried at Arlington National. Lt. Colonel Robert W Jones, Jr. was a sometimes Gun Writer and spent his time between homes in Royal Palm Beach, Florida and a beautiful cabin in Maine. I always figured I had missed him at one house or the other... Found the picture of his grave and honestly tears came and went for better than an hour. We had last seen each other at a Shugart Gordon Range Ceremony and he was in fine form. In his typical khakis with khaki cumber bund and one of his pair of Vietnam Era Custom Armand Swenson 1911 Colts peaking out between his shirt and the cumber bund. He had a sterling since of class... I plan to visit him this spring... Cannot begin to say how much I regret not staying current with one of my few true friends... Likely a lesson there somewhere.

Regards, Matt.
Your Friend...

NRA Life Benefactor Member