I make and sell a custom call. It's a scratchbox. Here's the text of an email I got last week from a guy in Texas who bought one:

The turkey calls, from a historical and innovative standpoint, are fascinating to me. I have many scratch boxes, old, new, “artisan”, antiques, functional, semi-functional, broken, and some that look like experiments, etc. I am by no means a master of any of them. There’s plenty of people who talk turkey better than I do. But I can sufficiently operate many different styles and I have my preferences. So now to my point…

This Northern Scratchbox of yours is awesome. It has a very nice tone and is quite versatile in making different sounds. I can easily say this is the best sounding scratch box I own. I may even convince myself that the ‘Northern Scratchbox’ is all I need to carry…and leave my sack of calls at home!

Well Done! I am very happy with it.

In a later email he said he was going to order a couple more. Trouble is, I don't have any in stock right now. I'm selling them faster than I can make them. I'm hoping to have about 20 finished by the end of the week, but they could sell at an event where I'm speaking Saturday night.

Maybe I need to raise the price.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt