bildd, since no ones asked, what's you're budget? There's a whole lot of bang for the buck out there in used packs right now, especially Kifaru gen 2 duplex's or bikini's with guys upgrading to the newer frame. For most people those frames are better than anything that eberlee, badlands, tenzing, blacks creek or any of the other mid-tier companies have ever produced.

Originally Posted by Tanner
Taking a light first load out is a gigantic waste of time for me. Even on hunts that I can return to a truck/cabin/house each night, I'm not taking a pack with me that can't haul out at least a boned out rear quarter. Pretty easy for me to compress my 9,000cu Kifaru down into a day-pack type setup.

Tanner

Exactly, I can't wrap my mind around school bag type day packs and 2 pack systems. I'm usually a minimum of an hr's walk from the vehicle. I can usually do a cow in 2 trips. What a waste of time, and energy to carry out 40lbs somewhat comfortably and then have to make 2 more trips. If you try to do 2 trips with a daypack you have 80 lbs of pure hell with a daypack that has a marginal frame,marginal belt and no functional load lifters. But I'm sure it was comfortable to wear around, and 2lbs lighter than a real pack. Same deal with a bull, if the capes not coming out 3 heavy trips, done.