Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
That is absolutely beautiful. But for me, that new ML would only be a wall-hanger for me, or a hunting rifle that only sees wide-open corners of the woods.
So the exception I have with rifles so nice (as the one pictured) is they change my hunting habits. For instance: I wouldn't dare hunt the thickets and scratch that rifle. My last couple purchases of rifles was in selecting basic, black synthetic stocks that I can take anywhere and could care-less of, should they get scratched.

Another problem I have with your gorgeous rifle is the size of the trigger guard. My fingers freeze easy, so I need to wear two pair of gloves on my fingertips here in cold-cold Michigan hunting seasons. Handwarmers are not my friend.... too many allergies, skin included.

Believe me, I tried taking my fancy, brassy long-rifle into thick quarters of the woods, keeping it in a gun case until I sat. That works fine UNLESS a deer pops-out enroute to my hunting spot. It's maddening to see a five point buck standing twenty yards ahead and my rifle is all zipped up inside a gun case across my shoulder.

So the best medicine for me is to buy rifles to hunt with - that aren't pretty and aren't even made of wood.

Enjoy that thing of beauty. It would fill my living room wall proud, but seldom ever see the hunting spots I go to, unless it's a corners field or easy access ridge.

You seem cornfused. First off, you need to change your name to 2FG. Second, you only need to put a fingertip on them thar triggers, not stroke 'em like you're in the shower. Third, you carried a gun to your spot in a case? Dooood, that's as wrong as a football bat. Forth, It ain't hard to tote a gun in the field or woods without running into timber. Open your eyes. Tell me your name isn't really Helen Keller, please!

Last, there ain't many good reasons to use S/S guns, but I'll admit there are a few. All day soaking rain comes to mind. They double up as boat paddles fairly well and you can beat a beaver to death with one I suppose.

It is also acceptable to hunt S/S with a suppressor. That's uber cool, especially if you paint it black.

Be all you can be.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain