Good stuff guys. I've decided to glass bed the rear of the receiver because after looking at it, it has a lot of play in the stock (about 1/16"+). I'll also glass the pillar and action screw area. Leave the barrel mount area alone and then glass the first 5 inches (due to balance point) or so of the barrel channel. I'll then free float the rest of the barrel after the bedding cures. Right now it has a speed bump at the tip of the fore end. I'll leave that in for the bedding process and remove afterwards when I freefloat the rest of the barrel that is not going to be glassed. The way I see it, that is the best way to bed this thing (mechanically speaking). I also like the idea of bedding it in the vertical position so the receiver drops back against the stock before the action screw is tightened: Kind of bass ackwards from how hiredgun does his. The Volquartsen hammer was fine tuned (shimmed properly) and pull wt. is down to a damn consistent 2 pounds. This POS should be shooting pretty good after this work is done to it......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA