I think that would be a great do-all scope. It has a wider field of view than the VX-3 1.5-5. It surely will transmit more light and has the added benefit of more power if wanted.
I presently have a 1.1-4x24mm Kahles on a 20" barreled 375 Ruger and am hesitant about replacing it because it has served well.
I like straight tubed scopes, but do recognize that power and objective increases can be helpful at times.
My son has a 1.5-6x42 on a 22.5" barreled 375 Ruger and he really likes it. I may put one on mine. At times these older eyes enjoy the extra 2 power.
I reloaded for my 416 Ruger and mounted a 1.5-6x42 for working up the loads this year. I had plans to put a 1.1-4 on, but liked it well enough that I left it on for moose season. It worked quiet well. Though I am debating replacing it with the 1.1-4 this year. I have pretty much had my fun with it as to moose, but will be carrying it for my main hiking rifle.
I have another 375 Ruger that certainly will be getting a Zeiss 1.5-6x42. Size wise I do not think there is much difference between it and the Swarovski 1.7-10x42.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
I've been giving serious thought to the Swaro 1.7-10x42 for my .375.

Although I do want to take the rifle to Africa for buffalo, it sees a lot more use hunting black bears and whitetails at dawn/dusk and I'd like a little more power and light gathering than the VX-3 1.5-5 I initially purchased. Two scopes in talley QD rings is another option I've considered.

I wish Leupold would make a VX6 1-6 x 40