Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Go shoot every living creature left on earth. I really don't give a F**k. The next few generations may thank you for that I'm sure.

Sir, I ask you, if there is a Lion, Rhino, or whatever past his breeding age(14 years for Lion, also the same age as Cecil) stopping the younger males from breeding with the females, and a hunter hunts him, creating an opportunity for the younger males to get to the females, injecting money into the area on top of it, how is this not conservation?
The same area where Cecil was killed, now have a surplus of 200 lions this year, that will likely be culled, and due to the import ban of Lion trophies to the USA, zero dollars will come from it. Had that been open to hunters, they would have injected roughly $10 million into the area.
The Black Rhino bull hunted in Namibia last year, was past his breeding age, attacking younger bulls and preventing them from serving the cows, raised $350K which was injected directly into Rhino conservation. That money was used to fund the anti-poaching teams, buy food for the other Rhino's during the drought in Namibia. How is this not conservation?

Don't you dare compare hunters to poachers and the gorilla feet and hands you saw at the markets. We are not the same. Unless you have personally put your life on the line chasing poachers at night, like I have, and actually do something in return for wildlife, that actually matters, you have no place to talk. I'm not talking about sending $1 via PayPal to some scam animal justice movement, I'm talking about making an actual difference.
No one does more for conservation than hunters.

Last edited by KMGHuntingSafaris; 03/04/16.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]