Originally Posted by Malcolm
Hi,Would any of you fellas who actually own one of these rifles be able to measure the OD. of the saddle ring for me? The ID. and the thickness of the steel used to make up the ring itself would aid me greatly in manufacturing one to proper specs. I don't want to just use a Winchester saddle ring ,because I think they are both smaller and they are split.
Thanx,Malcolm.

Hi, The S# is: 1435xx which I believe is an 1899SRC made in 1913.Incidently I also need to know the correct front and rear sight group required on a 26" barrel,1899 straight grip,crescent rifle butt, S#2303xx ,made in about 1921.The model type would also be great to know.(Hope I'm not hijacking this old thread too badly).
Thanx, Malcolm.

We didn't answer either question that re-started this posting...

1) we did a survey on rings many years back and I can not find the info. Does anyone have it? If not, does anyone have a SRC in his serial range that they can measure? I think we found that Savage did not use a standard size over the years. My carbines are late production and have oval, non welded, thinner wire rings.

2)99-A in the 230xxx range would have a Savage 22B front (Rocky Mt, German silver blade) and a Savage marked flat top sporter rear.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!