Originally Posted by erickg
75 HPBT at 200 yards

[Linked Image]

65 Gameking showed great promise the other day, need to see if it can repeat it now. Not ready to quit on this one yet, had another .223 that got tripped though, every trick ever suggested has been done to both.

Have a straight out of the box .308 that is sub MOA with a half dozen loads.

Just getting tired of laying down $1200 to play roulette with a rifle. They all need a little tweaking the Kimbers seem to have become a full time job for me, they're not fun anymore, I want to shoot not tweak.........

Try something on your Kimber - make sure a doubled up dollar bill will easily float down the barrel channel. My 257 was giving me fits. After the obligatory mag box, bedding, etc tweaks, it was still shooting 2-3" groups. I surmised the barrel was still hitting the channel during recoil. The barrel channel was free floated but not as much as it should have been. I took a bit more from the channel. The other thing I did was put a towel under the gun on the front sand bag. Presto 1" groups at 100 yards with Nosler Partitions - and a 0.100" jump to L&G (mag box confines).

Or sell all your Kimber MT to me for $500........... <G>

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.