Originally Posted by Homesteader
Steelhead - "...since I can't get 22mag ammo,..." Ain't that the truth. Used to find shelves awash in .22WMR - .17HMR not so much. Now, still no .22WMR and maybe 1 or 2 boxes of the 'Hummer'. BTW - .22LR still harder to find than either of them.
Oh, when will it end... Homesteader

Been so long since I've seen 22 Mag ammo on store shelves, I even forgot owning several rifles so chambered...its scarcer than 22 LR....at the same time, the few times I have seen it, its in oddball stuff like Bird Shot...

I have thought about one in 17HMR... that is available all the time locally... tho not cheap anymore... its cheaper to shoot 223...but the Ruger American, will take these 20 Round Mags I bought for the Ruger 77/17...or my Ruger 77/22 in 22 Mag...

would be a fun gun where I walk from Fence post to fence post along a fence line wasting sage rats....but then again, the 17 HMR doesn't give those fun loving explosions that a 223 gives ya...where almost ALL sage rats become "Airborne qualified..."

like little miniature Jihadi suicide bombers...every thing but the Allah Akbar...