I made an account on this website specifically for this response. After reading numerous positive reviews on the Ruger American Rimfire in 22WMR, I decided to buy myself one. I bought the model with the 18" threaded barrel. The barrel is slightly heavier than the plain model. Topped it with a Vortex Diamondback 3-12x40 scope. These are some range results from the first evening to the range.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Here is the first group shooting the Hornady Critical Defense 45gr. Shot at 50 yards. The squares are 1". These are shots 5,6,7,8 that have ever been fired out of this rifle.

I read online that these rifles love 30gr ammo. So I put in some 30gr CCI Max-Mag+V and these are shots 9,10,11.

Overall, I am more than pleased with these groups. In fact, I'm thrilled. I haven't measured these groups and I really should because if it can keep it up at 100 yards, it has potential to shoot 1/2" groups. A more realistic number would be 3/4" I'm sure but there aren't many 22WMR rifles around that can shoot those numbers. I highly recommend this rifle to anyone. This rifle model is the 8335 model.