Hey Jeff, long time......
Damn, 41k posts, when I invited you here years ago I never figured it'd turn into a full time life job for you:-)

This thread caught my eye. I don't reload but I had an "experience" with my FiveSeven and some handloads I purchased during the ammo shortage a few years back. I'd recently purchased this gun and couldn't buy a round for it. I walked in a pretty good shop and they had a, as in one, box of 5.7x28mm handload's on the shelf.
I scarfed them right up and headed out to shoot my new gun in.....

Well, 6 rounds later here's what I had.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

So anyway, after a little clean-up, you know, blood, underwear, shells, all the pieces of what use to be my new over priced handgun, I put it all in a bag and headed to a very good reload shop I know of. We took some of the un-used rounds apart and found them to considerably vary in powder weight. Nothing was "hot" but they just had too wide of a weight range according to the professional guy doing the weighing. We'll never know what was in the round that destroyed my gun but no one questioned the problem was ammo failure. I do know that the first five rounds were not ejecting properly, not a clue as to why they weren't but the sixth round was the magic one.

So back to the "good" shop I'd purchased the reloads from to have a little talk. He took one look at what was left of my FiveSeven and took full responsibility of replacement of the gun and laser, it was a good shop with a responsible owner. He didn't buy me a new one gun, he shipped it back to FN and bless their soul's they replaced it.

Now I don't have ANY experience nor opinion when it comes to reloading these rounds..but FN did. Included with my brand new replacement gun was a letter, a very explicit letter regarding their opinion of reloaded rounds in this gun...Just to keep it short, I'll say they didn't think it was the best idea.