I have used 16 gauge shotguns a fair bit and as long as they are built on properly sized frames, I really like them. I don't find it difficult to find ammo these days, even in fairly out of the way places, but generally avoid that by having a flat or two of shells under the back seat of the pickup.

Last year, I bought one of the 16 gauge Dickinsons at Cabela's to use as a 'hard use' double. It has been great so far and has killed a pile of birds. Here is a photo with Gretchen the Wunderhund in Wisconsin last October:

[Linked Image]

And with some Gambel's quail taken in Arizona in January:

[Linked Image]

Here is my minty Model 12 16 gauge, stolen from our own GF1, out in the chukar hills this winter. Notice the close proximity of the gun to wet rocks, it happens in the real world.

[Linked Image]

I also have a very high condition Fox Sterlingworth ejector with a 15.25" factory LOP and 28" barrels choked IC and modified inbound from Vintage Firearms. It will be out after dusky grouse and band tailed pigeon in Southern Utah in September, then back to the lake cabin in Wisconsin for the first two weeks of October.

Ahhh, so many birds, so little time. grin

Best,

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen