Originally Posted by BurningMan
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Which one bullet would you use for all hunting in North America in a .30/06?

No offense to anyone, but this welcome is sounding more like an interrogation of sorts rather than a warm welcome from the membership. Still, I believe I have stumbled upon a like-minded group of believers.

I have one Browning BAR in the house, and a couple of others, but they're basic stuff. Just for the record in an attempt to answer the question, I started out with 220 grain roundnose Core-loks. Then shifted down to 180 grain round nose core-lokts, 1astly we went modern and move to 180, 150, then settled on 165 grain pointed core-lokts. The deer were becoming harder to kill, and we were adapting and responding in our hunting techniques.

I told you I was a hunter. Blackbear will fall to a 30-30 Win Silvertip, so what's the need for the 20 questions. If people want to join a like-minded group why all the initiatic efforts. Open the door to like-minded folks. I mean, there's individuals and groups out there looking for a home with other like-minded individuals.

Twenty questions for a new member. What should they be.
Well then,is the .300 Wby the perfect cartridge for elk?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken