Originally Posted by djones
that's a 308, which is why i'm sorta confused. if a hog can take a shot to the head and another to the beak with a 168 grain payload, and still get up, why in the world would a 223 anchor him? and yea... the scope was on. granted i didn't earhole him like i thought, so there probably was some unexpected trajectory involved with the range. hard to tell how far they are at night, but i'm not sure anyone else would have made a better first shot.

AND... since i was the only one there, i get to call it the way i saw it, so... YES he was in full charge directly at me! if i had a 223 i wouldn't be writing this now. well on second thought, i am tough as nails, so i could have gone k-bar on him.

rio - this smiley is for you... grin

if you thought that was cool, watch this...

[Linked Image]

I'd think the 223 would anchor him because it would have hit the earhole..

Charging you. Yep. Thats funny. but it did kinda look that way. I've kicked a couple over the years coming my way after an arrow hit em. They damn sure where not charging. They were just going. But you are aware of that. Still looks good on film.

What shot finally killed him? Oh a shot in the brain pan did? Same result you'd have had with a 223.

By the way while we mess with each other, what bullet are you running? I don't recall ever seeing and I never asked. 168 smk? Or otherwise? When running the 308s I run 185 bergers, I really like how they work out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....