Originally Posted by djones
you know you're killing me, right? not sure i ever hit his brain. i'm sorta squeamish and really didn't want to look at where the blood was coming from. but a 223 to the head of a hog like that would have blown up on the surface, just like they do when they hit the armor plate. ( laugh ... still keeping it real for rio ).

i finally ran out of my remanufactured ammo and reloaded my own. been having jam problems so was using black hills 168gr match hp. yea, maybe not the best hunting bullet but i've put down enough hogs with it that i wasn't worried, plus it's all i had that was reliable. finally figured out my reloads were a bit warm. turned the gas block down and that seemed to work. i'll know for sure tonight.

fyi i do have some ar15s. i put the old night scope on one and used it when the thermal was getting a firmware upgrade. my feeling are a little hurt that you didn't remember the 223 kills i posted in the gen big game sect when rio tactfully kicked me off the forum. but no point bringing that up again... unless you just want to...

223 kill pics

ps - you may be the only person on the planet who can consistently hit a running hog at unknown speed, unknown distance, at night, on uneven ground, with 25 mph wind... in the ear. you're gonna have to come out here and show me how you do that! (bring snake boots)

I don't need to hit running hogs. I hit them in the brain pan on the first shot. LOL

I did forget about the 223 kills! I run to fast, well you know what i mean.. I wished I could talk myself into making time to run again anyway.

Snake boots I got. Time... thats another thing

Local lady was laughing when I showed up to shoot her wild pigs with a 22... I think 8 or 9 later, and probalby half those, with a 22, she laughed no more. It was all I had the one night... worked fine, but I get close. Pigs don't bother me. I like being sneaky if possible.

No flies on the 168 smks in my books. Was just wondering. I've shot a lot of stuff with them.

I bet 185 bergers would work really well in the AR10s. But I'm partial to them from my bolt... and M1A days... though I"m trying to talk myself into 210s...
But wait... ain't I happy with a 22lr or 223. It never ends.

The best hog gun, is the one you have with you... well I'm still mad from a night shoot wiht my 590.... First round my thumb was not in the right place and the flashlight smashed it.....bastid still hurts and that was around thanksgiving.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....