Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by CCCC
If the current fuss about Prince (may he RIP) doesn't sum to anything else, it provides a grim picture of the degree to which discernment and taste have sunk in this culture during the past 25 years or so. His writings and performances were designed to appeal to the base aspects - and he was very successful.

We get it...you don't like Prince or his music, you've made that abundantly clear. Others of us disagree. Sure is a lot of effort on here being put into tearing the man down after he died. I think now I'll go fire up the turntable and put on my Purple Rain album and satisfy my obviously base and uncultured instincts.

You are wrong - I do like some of what he played at times and never said I didn't. Did you miss the part about musicianship?

What I haven't missed is your seemingly limitless capacity for sanctimonious and condescending responses to anyone who disagrees with you both on this thread and the other Prince thread.

Sort it out Squirrelnut - if you could read you would see that I have no concern with opinion disagreement. That is normal - and I merely give evidence for mine. You can opine all you wish about condescension and sanctimony - but you have zero knowledge there.

If you read for comprehension, you will see that my strong rejoinders were to folks who stooped from the topic and lowered themselves to personal attacks. I don't start such fights, but do punch back.

If you felt stung by the simple impersonal critical analysis of the music and then assumed condescension, the cause is somewhere in your own weakness. If you don't like the stiff rejoinders, don't stoop to personal attacks. Done here with you too.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron