Originally Posted by Turk1961
I live near the Texas Gulf Coast and humidity here is very high. So I don’t know if it is wise to leave powder fouling in the barrel if I don’t expect to fire the gun for a few weeks. Before I put the gun up, I run Boretech Eliminator thru to get the powder fouling out and then a patch with Eezox oil on it. I too am a believer in Boretech products.

As I have time I am putting Dyna-Bore Coat in all my guns. It has made a big difference in reducing fouling. So for I have not tried Gun Coat but I purchased some to try.

For you guys that don’t clean you rifle until accuracy falls off I have a question. Do you mean you don’t clean down to the steel of the barrel or that you don’t even run a rod thru to knock out the powder fouling.

Thanks for your help.

For us we'd clean about every 300 or 400 rounds, NOTHING in between. That was welcome as we used to clean every 88 shots IE every match.. that got old really quickly...

To keep the gun running, we'd wipe the inside of the AR upper out and lube, and wipe off the bolt carrier group and lube and stick back in every match...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....