Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I used to clean my barrels but stopped cleaning the hunting rifles.

Amazing how few on this site know how to clean a rifle but this is about the worst advice you will get, this is like saying my car still runs why change the oil or air filter run em till they quit !!!!

As to the OP, about the best and easiest copper cleaner I have found is Bore Tech Eliminator. No smell and works better than ammonia based cleaners. If you want to clean copper only they make a product called CU+2 copper remover but then you have to use a carbon cleaner also, the Eliminator does both.

To be as nice as possible, savage99 is an idiot. He shoots 2 shot groups and brags about it. My best advice is to do exactly the opposite as what he says and you'll be golden. As for what I use too keep copper fouling to a minimum, it's (and has been for years) shooters choice. I clean my rifles after every session. It's just routine, as it has been since I was 12. My rifles are not finicky and are very accurate. Their clean cold bore shots are never more than 1" from the cluster of bullet holes in the group. When I buy a used rifle with a crusty/copper fouled barrel, I use sweets and follow the directions. Some have been downright dirty, but the sweets seems to get the copper out. That's the only time I use the stuff, so a bottle will last years... sick. Oh by the way, I change my oil every 5,000 miles religiously too... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA