Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Funny that RJ or Butt singer haven't jumped to Cruz's defense yet on this thread...

So Megyn is back? She is now once again a top-rated news interviewer?
You guys flip more than Trump!

MEGYN KELLY: I'm trying to ask you about something that is concerning to your supporters, your supporters, who understand how important Indiana is to your campaign. But the polls are showing that people, some 65% of Republicans, even people who support Ted Cruz, believe the person who enters the convention with the most delegates and the most votes should likely emerge as the nominee, even if it takes -- even if he doesn't have a majority. Right now as I mentioned he has 400 more delegates than you do, he's got 3.2 million more popular votes. He won 27 states, you won 11. So given that, how could you possibly unite this party coming out of a contested convention?

SEN. TED CRUZ: Let me answer it a couple of ways. Number one, nobody is going to get to 1,237. Donald is not getting there. I'm not getting there. Donald can't get there. It's why he's so desperately trying to convince everyone the race is over because he knows --

KELLY: He can get there if he wins in Indiana and does well in California.
CRUZ: But he's not going to. He is not going to. He's not going to get to 1,237. Even when folks try to do all sorts of math he falls short. We're going to a contested convention. Listen, the poll you cited, of course people say yes. If you called someone up and say, should the person with the most votes win? Anyone goes, duh, yeah. How about asking the question that is really the relevant question: should you have to earn a majority to be the nominee?
I agree 60% to 70% will say yes to that as well. That's a poll question that's rigged. The Trumpsters pushes it out there because it suggests -- if you ask anyone, should the person with the most votes win? Of course. But his argument is he should be the nominee even though he can't win a majority.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 04/29/16.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."