Originally Posted by TATELAW
Originally Posted by benchman
Really appreciate the wealth of info here! Nice to know there are good alternatives to the partition. They seem to be hard to find.

I wouldn't work too hard trying to find them. I've done a lot of reading over the last few years about good bullets for 22cal rifles and deer hunting. I've also killed a few with the little Hornady I mentioned above. I found a lot more complaints about accuracy issues with Nosler's 22cal medium game bullets and this has also been my experience. I've never found a very accurate load with the 60gr Partition or the 64gr BSB. Nosler 55gr BTs seem to get rave reviews in the accuracy dept, but not in toughness for deer hunting. I love Nosler bullets and use them in most other calibers, but I've decided to stick with Hornady, Barnes, and Sierra for my 22cal needs.

Last 22-250 I loaded for a friend, picked an H380 load after some research, first 3 were just under an inch... we've never looked back on that load...

I shot em in my old 22-250 too a little bit you could get around or under an inch easily... at 100....not nearly as accurate as some others but plenty accurate all the same

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....