Ok guys. In relation to my other other thread asking about the 250-3000, here is the end result. All the parts(no missing screw like I thought) are there. The wood and bluing are decent, but not great. I think it's a 99R? The lever boss appears to have a very small "20D" in the circle and the serial # is 643xxx. Still some case coloring left on the lever, and after tearing it down and cleaning it completely, the action us slickk as butter. The bore is bright and shiny, and looks good. It has a flip up adjustable rear sight, and a gold bead front sight, and 24" barrel. H.H. 17 is stamped on everthying(forearm, butt stock, metal that the butt stock slides over, etc.) The last three of the serial number are written on the butt stock and forearm as well. It also came with weaver 14 and 19 bases, and an old "Springfield" 4x scope, made in Japan. A set of rcbs dies, and about 75 necked down 300 savage brass were included in the deal. So, all told, what is the rifle worth roughly? I'm not overly concerned with the value, just curious basically. Also, do you guys think I should keep it vintage and mount up the savage scope, or put something newer like a 2-7 leupold on it? I looked through the savage 4x about 30 mins before dark, and was surprised at how unterrible it looked. I'm not sure how reliable it would be though. Anyway, here are some pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.