You are going to have to do what I did, buy two R's. I've got the vintage Redfield on the 250, and a new Leupold on the 300. I shot two wild boar with my 250, a 220 pounder, shot behind the ear, about 4:30 in the afternoon. A 150 pounder shot in the left eye, when I could just barely see him in the scope, at dusk. The next year I had a 300 plus pound hog come out 50-60 yards in front of me. I had tall woods on both sides and at the end of the steep hill I was shooting down. Trying to get the pig in the scope it kept blacking out while looking down. If I looked up to the tree tops there was enough light the Redfield was crystal clear, but as I came down on the hog it got too dark to see. When I realized I had the scope on 7X, I wound it down to 1X, and I could see, but the hog got into the woods. So, I bought a 3.5X10X50 Leupold hoping the big objective would gather more light and give me a few more minutes hunting time. I haven't been pig hunting since to see if it really makes a difference. The Leupold did cost more than both of my R's put together, Joe.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JoeMartin; 05/03/16.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin