Originally Posted by achadwick
The simple truth is that the GOPe leadership don't give a rat's behind what the loyal Republican voters think or want since those voters will vote for the GOP no matter what the GOPe leadership does. Either you folks are:

1. Patsy's in a massive scam; or
2. Insane. You believe that THIS time, things will be different; or
3. Probably both.

What I don't understand is why that simple truth is so difficult for so many folks to comprehend.

I always do vote R (except Perot) in the presidential general, and will this year as well (Nixon, Ford, Reagan, George I-once, Perot, Dole, W - twice, McCain, Romney, etc) but the primaries is where the battles have to be fought and the war won (Buchanan-twice, Paul-twice.) Trump is a once in a generation type candidate who is strong enough to battle the GOPe in the primaries and win. He says what the silent majority thinks but can never be "heard" saying. He gives a "national voice" to The People.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee