A 12 year old me rode my bike downtown in my scout uniform to see President Ford. There weren't that many people there and I got myself up to the front where he was shaking hands and signing things. He saw my uniform and asked me something I didn't hear and then I asked if he really could have been a Green Bay Packer (12 year old priorities) and he said "yes, but I'm kinda stuck doing this now", which got a chuckle from those that heard. He tousled my hair, shook my hand and moved on. Pretty cool!

I have a picture from an old Kodak around here somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

AF1 landed in GR when I think Reagan was President and my dad was the ranking civilian DoD guy in the area. His plane had to be refueled, but beforehand the fuel had to be tested. So dad took a sample down to K-zoo to the UpJohn Labs with a trooper in front and in back, lights and sirens the whole way. They (State Police) had him qualify at the range so he could carry during the trip. Kind of a big deal I guess. He was very proud to have done it - I was too.

Other than that - I've seen a number a motorcades, but you really can't see anyone in the limo as they speed by.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin