Are you the type that likes to reminisce? Do you get enjoyment out of a safari long after it's over? Do you like conversation about Africa, hunting, and travel?

Mounts can bring you all of these. Each time you look at the trophy on the wall, it takes you back to that day and time, and the people you were with. Friends that come over will ask about and admire the mounts, giving you the chance to retell the experience.

The word "souvenir" comes from French for "remember" or "a memory". Trophies are souvenirs in the truest sense.

There comes a point when your walls are full and your sense of accomplishment is sufficient that you lose interest in adding to the collection. I'm getting there. I'd mount another leopard, sable, or bushbuck. I'm not bring back any more buffalo. I have a herd now. I'd do a bear rug. I'll bring home tusks if I ever get to do elephant again.

Ones I don't mount unfortunately won't be honored and remembered as much as the others, but time and lack of wall space dictates it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo