Originally Posted by Chipolopolo
Rather than hijack somebodies thread, I figured I'd start this as its own thread.

I would like to know this forums feelings about going to Africa, whacking a few animals and leaving everything behind.

Further, using those savings of not dipping, shipping, mounting everything to go back sooner?

Steve

I see absolutely no issue with that.

To suggest that someone is not ethical because they choose not to deal with all the hassle and expense is ludicrous.

I am going on my first trip to Africa in a little over a month. I do not have any set plans as to what I will do with any of the animals I have successfully hunted. The hunt and the experience will determine what will get mounted, turned into a rug, European, or stays on continent.

I am not going over there with a grocery list that needs to be checked off, or a tape measure. I am going over with the attitude that I am getting to experience Africa and will gratefully accept whatever the hunt brings.

Taxidermy of our hunts are special to us in this house and each bring back memories of special or challenging hunts, and lifetime experiences.

I am much more concerned about your language of "whacking critters". That tells much about your hunting mentality regardless of what you do after they are "whacked"

Arcus Venator