Originally Posted by splattermatic
Who of you who shoot one, can chime in with performance of a 100 gr tsx at about 3700 fps at the muzzle, and how far you feel it will reliable expand.
Been shooting mine a few times the last few weeks, and am liking it more and more.
Switched to a 6-18 Leupold on it with the varmint reticle, and the dots are useless.
Gonna have to go turret.

I have been using the 100 gr. TSX and TTSX bullets in my .257 Wby. for years now, and they are the only bullets I use in my rifle. 72.0 gr. of RL22 pushes them at 3700 fps.

For antelope and deer, performance has been just great. Last elk I shot with the .257 TSX was a cow at 300 yds- a lung hit resulted in a dead elk and bits of lung etc. 15' or so feet on the snow on the off side.

Coues deer are not large animals, and if I were to hunt them, there is no question what I would use- a 100 gr. Barnes. I have taken deer and antelope at ranges of 300+ with these bullets, no problem. I can't speak to maximum range at which these bullets will reliably expand, as I have yet to witness a situation in which they failed to do so.

My MkV is scoped with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10 CDS, btw.

Of equal importance, to me, is the fact that these bullets achieve outstanding accuracy out of my MkV. This target is repeatable....

[Linked Image]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....