Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The G19 sized G30S .45 ACP is impressing me more and more. If this had been introduced 20 years earlier (prior to the rise of the .40 and 9mm in LE circles), I think it would have been one of the top sellers in the law enforcement and concealed carry markets.

It conceals like a G19, but you have 10+1 230 grain pills on board , with a standard G21 mag as a spare (13 rounds). This makes for a great outdoorsman's handgun.

For a guy who wants one gun to cover home defense, animal defense, as well as concealed carry, this is a pretty fair choice. It is not perfect, but it does a lot of things well, in a package that fits in many G19 sized holsters.

That is hard not to like.

[Linked Image]

Mac's earlier comment, "The issue with answering this question is what I am carrying for."

...is the absolute crux of the matter.

if the many variables above are all tossed into the hopper--the Glock 30s would be a great choice.

230 grain pills are good medicine--"broad spectrum" dosage is just what the doctor ordered...

the only thing i dislike about the 30s is the handle/grip length. i'm an advocate of short barrels and slides--with full length, or near full length handles.

if the grip were 1/2 to 5/8 inch longer, i would surely like it much more than i already do. in addition, this would offer one--maybe two more rounds in the magazine. as it is, the 10 round magazine is tough sledding when trying to get that last round in there--you just about have to stand on the thing to make it happen.

using a 13 round mag helps me with respect to grip length--giving me more control in rapid fire strings--something i consider very essential...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...