Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Got stopped on the Richardson Highway for roadwork a few years ago. Lone, young lady way out in the middle of no where doing the flagging. We had a half-hour wait and she proceeded to whip out her phone to show us a picture of her Kodiak bear she had just shot. The young guy with me was raised in Kodiak so she got a kick out of the whole thing.

Unlike Becca though it was her first big game hunt!

Right on Art!!! Yeah Becca's confidence with the her rifle has really increased the last couple years and especially all the shooting she did this winter in prep for the hunt. Something just clicked for her and her form became a lot more natural when shooting from field positions at the range and as a result her groups reflected that improvement as well.

She was setup pretty rock solid for the 180 yard shot and stayed like this for the 10-15 minutes waiting for the bear to stand up. I got bored and took pics and video while we waited but she stuck with it watching the bear play with the alders above it with its paws while on its back.

Def proud of her for making I good shot. I was back up but there was no need. I told her make the first one count as any of the follow ups I might get in it is just a bonus.

This is how she looked for the 10-15 minute wait once we got setup:
[Linked Image]